View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 06:29   Link #161
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Before I reply, I should say I haven't played the game, but some of the replies I've read on the Episode 17 thread prompted me to check this thread out to see what differences there might be between the Haruka anime arc and the Haruka route in the game.
I surely think you should have used VM or PM for that, because you are at a very high risk to spoil yourself beyond what you would want but well
Quote:
As an anime-only viewer, I have to say that I disagree with this pretty strongly. That was one hell of a cliffhanger, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It has me very eagerly anticipating the next LB! episode in a way that I haven't anticipated any other LB! episode. And that scene might be the most impacting scene I've seen in Little Busters yet. It was just such a WHAM! moment that shouted "You thought you had Kanata and the Haruka/Kanata sibling rivalry figured out? Well THINK AGAIN!"

I thought it was an awesome scene. That being said...
That's exactly the problem though: beyond being a simple shocker, that cliffhanger has little to no purpose whatsoever, exactly because the anime just skipped through the developments and everything that Kanata was trying to do. What's worse is that they painted her in a more vicious way with a blunt "do you love me?" despite she was never interested in Riki to begin with, and the "steal" Riki's heart was not even in the plan.
Quote:
Well, two things here...

1) In retrospect, I took it as Kanata being shocked that Haruka had already baked some food for Riki. Kanata then asks Riki if he likes "her" to determine if Haruka has already established herself as Riki's girlfriend.
The problem is that: that is -not- a shocking revelation whatsoever. Haruka was suppose to cook times to times, even if it turns into failure. It really isn't because she is trying something like that it is shocking.

Quote:
2) While watching that specific moment when the plate was dropped, I honestly was (for a couple seconds) expecting Haruka to go "So... you were lying to me before. You didn't really like the food I baked for you before did you? So how can I trust what you and the Little Busters said to me yesterday? How can I know that you're just pitying me, huh?!" And then for Haruka to run off in tears with Riki flailing to try to explain himself.
Actually, it doesn't make sense with what Kanata tried afterwards, otherwise she would actually play the victim right afterwards, and even so it doesn't make much sense in the larger scope of the situation there.
Quote:
That expectation took hold in my mind very quickly... which made the Kanata reveal feel even more like the ultimate curveball to me.
Kanata is really not a curve ball, as the hints are already established regarding her true purpose.
However, for whatever reason, they felt that Kanata wasn't mean enough during the confrontation part and made her go over the limit.