View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 01:51   Link #28
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That image you have in your signature makes me very sad, because it never happened. They should have at least had some time together before something like this happened to one of them!

...Please excuse me. I need to go track down this Urobuchi Gen and kill have a talk with him.
Such a misleading image, I agree; at this rate we're never going to see all of them together in their Mahou Shoujo costumes in any of the episodes (outside of the OP). It's pretty sad to see her killed off so early, especially when the circumstances surrounding her Mahou Shoujo background was made more clear with this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I feel strongly that something's amiss here. Without clarification of Kyubey and Mami's relation to each other, it will be difficult to give a proper postmortem to the character (if she does not come back).

It is clear that she was... 'coerced' into forming that contract. However, too much gap exist with understanding her drive. What few fragments exist shows that she's seeking comrade and that the weight of the world is heavy on her...
I don't think Mami possessed any inherent genuine drive to serve as a Mahou Shoujo beyond obligatory reasons. She was stuck in a contract that was suddenly forced upon her and she wasn't happy with those circumstances. While I wonder why she never sought out any genuine companionship if she was genuinely so lonely (are other Mahou Shoujo that difficult to encounter in this universe?), she nonetheless was not fond of the position she assumed with Kyuubey.

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote