View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 13:23   Link #5138
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchois View Post
[Rhapsody of Loneliness IV]
The title page is b/w Heero (the first) and Katerina.
This month, we again return to the past for a Katerina-Sabrina story.

Sabrina takes the name of her younger sister Katerina and becomes queen. By her husband Eric, she gives birth to the princess <Katereena>(1).

Sabrina's younger sister, the real Katerina, takes the name Six(2) Merquise and uses Wyvern to rescue Heero Yuy (the first) just before his public execution. Jay Null joins Sherwood Forest.

One b/w illustration. Sabrina and Eric and their daughter Katereena. No mecha revealed./end translation

1)Sabrina's sister/Sabrina's false name = カテリナ (katerina). Sabrina's daughter (Relena's mother) = カテリーナ (kateriina). The difference is that the third vowel is more drawn-out in the daughter's name. Katerina versus Kateriiiiiiiina. I took a cue from the spelling of Heero Yuy and tried spelling the daughter's name Katereena, although I think it looks kind of stupid. (Another idea I had was to spell it Katelena, modeled after the spelling of Relena, since their names both end in リーナ.)

2) Obligatory reminder that her name has the French pronunciation of the number, sorta like "cease."
With no reveal it seems like we are left hoping that Vol 7 randomly throws one out like Volume 6 did Pro.

Got to say I really hate how last minute it seems they do the covers for these things.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote