View Single Post
Old 2007-03-02, 08:49   Link #15
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well, the bell test has ended, but boy was it anti-climactic.
I hear you, but as you've probably understood already, that was supposed to be a comical ending to a (sort of) comical fight. If I'm not completely mistaken the manga cuts straight to the ending of the fight right after we see Sakura's newly aquired strength (yes the first time). If the anime had followed the manga it would have been over in less than half an episode. The anime added so much filler that the ending now seems like a ripoff. I can understand if people go "we sat through two whole episodes for that?"

I think Naruto will forever etch itself into my mind as the "what could have been" anime. I haven't seen any other anime (and I've seen quite a few) that's momentarily awsome but average at best the rest of the time. (And I'm not even taking the filler arcs into consideration.) The awsome points are, excuse me for being subjective, all from when they follow the manga by the panel. I was very pleased to hear about the extremely long filler arcs, because I thought it meant they were gonna keep their hands off the manga material for once. I was obviously wrong...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote