View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 20:49   Link #13
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
-1/10 I want my soul back after watching this monstrosity. Originally i said that i would probably rate the series a 5/10 but that poor excuse for an ending shattered what little respect i was going to give. To take a mediocre story to start out with and completely destroy it is beyond my comprehension. The start SD was too my liking not overly great but not bad either with great potential. Around episode 8 is when it went to shit for me.

The story is not meant to be taken seriously its anime of course. But the way they ended the series with the gory for no reason blood feast was not tasteful at all, Tell me was there any point to having Katsura cut open Sekai for check for a baby? did it really need to be done? what did it add to the story? showing us Katsura mental instability was already shown it could have ended after she sliced Sekais throat open. Also, did sawing Makotos head add anything? nope nothing there either. Some people are comparing the ending of SD to Higurashi BLASPHEMY Higurashi is not a Shojo/Shonen romance the killing and deaths in that series are directly related to the plot and is a MUST for the series plus Higurashi is a suspense drama/thriller where deaths usually occure in this genre. For the recored I was not opposed to some killing if it were done with some meaning SOMETHING behind it to make it worth the time and needlessly to say i didnt get it. Its so easy to end an anime like this with no real talent and barely any work. None of the damn problems were solved technically nothing happened. The same recycled crap just kept going around and around till the gruesome deaths at the end. You would think a story would go somewhere SD went no where so im left asking my self what is it i just watched and i honestly can not answer.

In closing the possibilities to make School Days half way decent was wasted on the build up leading to the killings nothing more, thats all it was make the drama so intense so it would justify the blood at the end. Everything that happend was only to get the audience to hate Makoto, Make Sekai the scapegoat and have sympathy for Katsura. I can sum the whole series up in couple of words.

Lies
Cheating
Sex
more lies
more sex
Repeat previous lines 12 times for each episode
GRUESOME DEATH

That is all that happen unfortunately the series will probably be rated high by most viewers because all most people wanted was blood and they got it. I honestly wonder if the writers slept well after this episode.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-09-27 at 21:02.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote