View Single Post
Old 2012-09-13, 20:45   Link #599
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I understand this myself as I have a minor MMO background, but Kirito's regeneration was healing him at crazy speeds for a pretty big chuck HP when he last showcased it. SAQ since then has acted as if he doesn't have it. At the very least Kirito shouldn't be getting knocked down to 1HP so easily. At this point I subscribe to the thought Kuradeel's paralysis probably nulled the HP regen temporally.
Yeah, due to the lack of exposition on how the skill works, there are countless possibilities, such as. "Battle Regen only works while your HP is over 50%". Or "Battle Regen only works while on Battle Stance", with Battle Stance requiring the player to stand properly on it's two feet.

There are many MMORPG with skills that have weird requirements like that. For example.

Quote:
The problem is that Kirito knows this and Diabel (I think?) baffling refusing it when he could have be saved (this what anime suggested).
Watched that episode with no LN knowledge, and I though that the Damage Over Time value dealt by the Boss vastly surpassed the early game potion's Heal Over Time value. I didn't really saw his refusal as something strange.

Quote:
I don't know if would call Friend's List and Item Durability insignificant, but they're good examples of consistent mechanics that are in the show. Sleep PK has yet to make an appearance again so we can't compare how it's used from one event to another at the moment.
As I said, there are countless small mechanics like that, you can't make a MMORPG show that only works around a handful of them. I don't remember where the friendlist comes up first, but in the LN Asuna mentions that she knew Kirito's location thanks to him being on her friendlist. She also mentioned it in Lizbeth's episode.

Quote:
Speaking of that, I remember something else that was inconsistent, Griselda's ghost.
Hahahha, leave the author some margin for his dramatic licence. BTW, did you see the PV? there's a new "ghostly" character coming up next week.
zRichard is offline   Reply With Quote