View Single Post
Old 2011-01-27, 18:00   Link #36
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well, going by Sony's usual behavior, the PSPhone and possibly other SE Xperia phones will be the only things that can use the games!

This doesn't do squat for the general state of Android gaming.
As for the Playstation brand on the android ecosystem let me clarify what we know: Sony will release a version of the Playstation Store for the platform (almost 100% sure it'll be pre-loaded on their phones, 50/50 chance you'll be able to install it on other phones) and it'll sell PSOne games AND new android games developed using the Playstation Suite.

As for the NGP it'll support PSOne games and all the downloadable games the old PSP supported (I'm guessing everything the PSP Go supports is what we can take from this statement). I think it's also safe to say it'll support Minis and I wouldn't be surprised if minis showed up on the android version of the store but I won't hold my breath for it.

As for the general state of gaming on Android/iOS/WebOS/whatever I couldn't care less. While I do have an Android phone and like beeing able to get some fruit ninja on in the bus/subway I still believe that proper games should be left to the proper devices like home and handheld consoles and the PC/Mac. Time wasters are ok on a phone, full blown games are not (and this is coming from someone who actually had an n-gage back in the days. I learned my lesson)