View Single Post
Old 2012-12-24, 21:25   Link #31506
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I went over this before, but I see Black Battler as the meta version of a particular type of piece. That is, he represents a "culprit Battler." We distinguish him thus from the "detective Battler" we know from the series. In any given story you can't tell the two apart visually; each is merely "Battler." However, only one can exist at a given point as each story has just one Battler.

He's given a new representation for our purposes, and arguably may have his own meta-existence. He probably wouldn't be a magic character though, as that would kind of give the game away.
I wonder though if BlackBattler is actually like Eva-Beatrice. Eva wasn't the real culprit in the story and Eva-Beatrice is sort of a different person. So maybe in Land we would be presented with an apparent Battler culprit theory that could have given life to Black Battler but Piece Battler would have been innocent... sort of like how Battler proposed a Battler culprit theory in Ep 5 although Battler wasn't the culprit and we could have seen MetaBattler having to deal with BlackBattler (though to see this Battler shouldn't have been the detective... but wasn't there an Erika-like character planned as well? If Land planned to use a detective different from Battler we could be allowed to see things from Black Battler's perspective...).

Note that in the beginning Beato made clear that Eva-Beatrice and Battler weren't supposed to interact as they were in different worlds.

It'll be interesting to make a division of the characters according to their position:

Bern and Lambda for example are solely meta.
Beato is meta but she's also... 'fantasy' and a piece on the gameboard as she technically resides in Yasu's body.
Gaap is meta and fantasy but she has not a matching piece on the gameboard.
Battler and Erika are pieces but also meta.

hum... it's a bit confusing...
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote