View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 21:57   Link #75
Write
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Welp, this season just about managed to confirm my worst fears about the direction the story wants to go with Sena within a single episode. Watching an entire episode of my favourite character being bullied, then blamed for it, then suddenly revealing some over the top and needlessly negative attributes was definitely not a lot of fun, and my annoyance at seeing a perfectly great character slowly deteriorate before my eyes might just make me want to drop the show at this rate. Due to the presence of a certain voice actor, I'm honestly inclined to see this all the way through but this wouldn't be the first time I've given up on a show even with her in it. I'll give it a few more episodes. Hopefully it'll improve by then...
Welcome to the world of light novel ----> anime adaptations. Sena is a great character and it's sad that her depth only goes so far in the first season. Mainly, I'd love to see the outcast aspects of her character (the rest of the cast as well, but we only see this done with Kodaka) deepened in the anime but like you said, this episode has me doubting they'll go anywhere meaningful with her.

I thought as much while I was watching, it's like they established some depth in S1 and now they're just going to run with it.