View Single Post
Old 2007-10-27, 13:10   Link #49
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
You must understand that Marina is Persian and that Persians are not the same thing as Arabs. Just how the majority of Afghans are not Arabs ethnically. Persians are descended from Indo-Europeans and have a common ancestry with Central and Eastern Europeans (Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Latvians, Russians). I know it may sound strange but the Slavs mentioned above along with Persians share a common Indo-European ancestor. They're practically cousins. I know it may sound strange, but according to genealogists, there was a major migration 8,000 to 10,000 years ago from we call today Iran/Iraq. A lot of those migrants’ descendents ended in up in what we call today Eastern and Central Europe.

Also, I don't like the use of Caucasian. When the term Caucasian is mentioned, I think of people descended from or having lived in the Caucus Mountains. Not all White people came from the Caucus Mountains. I find the term White more appropriate.

So basically Persians are people what we would call White and not Arab. They’re not Europeans just like the Jews are not Europeans either but are considered to be white.

Just an FYI and not a Flame Post.
No offense taken. Of course, I do find it slightly hilarious that I'm a distant cousin of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad when I am a Jewish Russian

But actually thanks a lot for the FYI. Cookie for that post ^_^