View Single Post
Old 2015-01-01, 04:43   Link #170
jesh462

I haven't watched any anime in forever, but tonight I went through Macross Zero.
It was amazing. I don't know how the rest of the Macross series will be, but this is definitely a great start. In some ways the feeling I get from Macross Zero is similar to Full Metal Panic!. They deal with some of the same subjects although the approach is a lot different. The main difference seems to me to be that there is a lot more optimism and hope in Macross. I am really enjoying it.

I also watched a few shows without remembering to write here. I watched Zetsuen No Tempest and I liked that too. It was over the top, but it was still enjoyable. I liked that there was a strongly developed female main character. The plotting was fast paced. I try not to think about plot holes and what may happen in the future, and it didn't disappoint me. In retrospect, Sara from Macross Zero may be a bit better developed character than Hakaze Kusaribe, and in just five episodes. Oh well. I did enjoy Zetsuen no Tempest.

I also started Uchouten Kazoku. I haven't watched it all yet, I started and then had to move across the country to my anime watching was interrupted. I'll finish and write back. Thanks for the suggestions that have kept coming even with me gone. =)
Don't worry about duplicates, I'll sift through them. I'll signed up for one of those anime list sites here soon, probably. I appreciate your time in recommending something to me.
I plan on watching anime more frequently as I am trying to learn Japanese and every bit of exposure helps.

Oh I forgot to mention, I also watched The Princess and the Pilot! I was in the mood to see a movie and I was not disappointed. I would vote more towards timeless than cliche. =)
The ending was.. well, you know. But that's how life goes. You can't ask too much more than that.
Also looking back on this thread, I'm not sure why I watched Macross Zero first. I hope it wasn't a mistake. Oh well, I guess Super Dimensional is next.
I went back through this thread and realized I have more than 25 shows that I've skipped over so I'll be watching them in order of posting, starting with Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin.

Last edited by jesh462; 2015-01-01 at 06:28.
jesh462 is offline   Reply With Quote