View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 05:17   Link #1878
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Well, we criticize all the time. It is total natural IMO.
And to be honest, i don't like her.
But what i try to do so far is giving constructive and logical review/reason/argument why i don't like her by reflecting her actions to my real life experience.
I don't intent to flame her mindlessly at all.
No, I'm not criticizing people's criticizing at all(that sounds weird ). What I'm criticizing is people who only knew the little bit of story in later volume from summary. It always baffles me how can they criticize something they haven't read themselves. Its just like people who says durian taste horrible even though they only heard about that fruit from other people. Granted, some people will like it or hate it even after they tried, but at least they have to try it first. That's why critics from people who only read the summary(and machine translation too, to a lesser degree) baffles me because how can you criticize something that you haven't read yourself, at least the translation, although the original version is preferable in order for no lost in translation. BTW, I'm not talking about the matter of Claire critics in particular, but the ungrounded critics of several untranslated LN that I read from people who knew the story only from summary.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote