View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 12:00   Link #82
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
You're not making sense again. You were asked to cite an instance where Tobi is perfoming Kamui while using a regular sharingan, and instead you reference perhaps the only time in the manga where he states he is going to reserve his use of the technique. A "good one" indeed :/
You might want to read those chapters again, and also the recent chapters. When Tobi sends parts of his body to another dimension he is using Kamui as Kakashi and Tobi have confirmed it in the latest chapters. Konan confirms that Tobi's limit on maintaining his Kamui used on his own body is 5 mintues. So she starts to explode her exploding tags for 10 minutes non-stop, she does this to prevent Tobi from escaping. We see Tobi's eyes at least 2 times while Konan is exploding tags around and inside Tobi non-stop. At one point (probably right before his Kamui runs out) Tobi removes the part of his mask that was covering his other sharingan eyes, this is clearly the part where he begins the Izanagi as a last resort to escape death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Tobi isn't even using the technique on either of the pages you cite, i.e. there is nothing moving through him.
If there were nothing forcing him to use Kamui he could have either escaped the exploding tags by teleporting away or simply stop it, rest a bit, and then do another Kamui so that he would extend his Kamui beyond Konan's 10 minute timespan. But he couldn't do that that is why Konan forced him to use the izanagi.

Of course i will not be surprised if it turns out that you were right, it would simply be another plot hole in the manga.
But i like the idea of Tobi being able to perform an MS-level jutsu using only regular sharingan eye, that would be something that makes him really special, as a final evil boss should be. Otherwise it should also be explained why didn't he go blind or why does he have an EMS. And also how can he spam MS/EMS jutsu so easily if he earlier stated that he is weak, and also he never used any rinnegan power in this battle (likely reason explalined by Kakashi).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote