View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 19:51   Link #23
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Yeah, I agree with this. You get a real sense of her strong sense of responsibility in this episode, and the fact that she knows what it means when injustice has been done, and intends to do something about it. This reminds me of the episode where she called out her math teacher for unfairly scolding the class. Chitanda isn't just a nice naive girl--we now know what makes her angry--and somewhat surprisingly, she's something of a hothead when provoked. It's probably fortunate Houtarou prevented her from doing something drastic with bad consequences, especially considering how she needs to hold up her family's reputation.

Also, even *after* she found out the truth, she knew it'd be best to play along--in a way, she ended up outsmarting Houtarou, who had made up the fib to calm her down in the first place. And while lying in a relationship is obviously never the preferred solution, it's clear she understands why Houtarou did what he did, and appreciates his good intentions. I also like how we saw Houtarou get downright angry at Satoshi, because of how he affected Chitanda. I don't know if we've ever seen him so protective of her before.
It still doesn't change the fact that everyone is going to keep the dirty truth from her. Her friends still see her as a child in that matter. Perhaps because she is a hothead and over reacts like you mentioned. Also those matters aren't very serious unlike the part that involved deaths in episode 18. Chitanda couldn't be hotheaded about that matter and get anyone in trouble, but he kept it from her anyways so shes not mentally ready for serious stuff is what i meant.