View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 16:43   Link #579
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Now that was interesting episode. I loved it! Yamaken, poor Yamaken... I can't express my love for the guy. I love how he's so cold and calm whenever someone else mentions Mitty yet he tries his best whenever she's around to catch her attention. It's lovely to see a guy acting like that. It's exactly what I always wanted the male lead to do. Not acting all shy and embarassed but approaching his crush with confidence and without wavering. He's impressive and I admire him a lot. Also he's not ideal and that makes him even better.

I'm surprised how the show can manage to switch the perspectives like that. It's very interesting and refreshing to see the whole situation through another set of eyes. First Yamaken, now Natsume. I still don't like her but I can't tell I don't admire her for what she did. Also I don't want Natsume and Sasayan together. They doesn't match well to me...

Quote:
Mi-chan's speech regarding love was wonderful and rang true. It prompted a confession from Natsume, which I did not expect to happen now. Judging from his reaction, Mi-chan didn't see it coming either. Sadly, I think he will reject her. I just hope he'll do it gently.
Confession scene was shocking to me. I did anticipated some kind of "serious talk" between the two but never really hoped for something like that. She's got guts and I admire her for that! She realised he can talk to him and then she gave it a shot. Naive and honest and some may call it stupid but for me the girl was brave and she will certainly grow up thanks to that experience. Also I'm definietely not going to root for this pairing. I don't want to talk about it being unrealistic, that's not the case. It's just in this show I can clearly see she's not mature enough for him yet. She can grow up into fabulous woman he'd love to have as a partner. But right now she's a kiddo, and he knows it. He also probably didn't expect such blunt confession. Actually in this one short moment I saw a woman in her. She wasn't scared, she didn't avert her gaze, she looked him in the eye and then just turned around. It was great. I can't stop feeling it was absolutely amazing moment.

Quote:
Really. Natsume was just wonderful in ep12. And a large part of the wonderful for me was the voice of newish seiyuu Tanezaki Atsumi. Hints of feeling all the time. That lovely slight rawness in her voice. And a sense that the character is real.
I'm happy someone noticed that too, it first caught my attention during conversation with Sasayan on the stairs. I loved her voice for it's innocence? I don't what it was, but it was certainly something new.

Quote:
As for the Haru and Mitty side of things, not much happened. Mitty managed to manipulate Haru into leaving her alone so she can study in peace (which was accomplished surprisingly easily) and she ended up being accidentally hit by him again later on in the episode. Nothing too unusual.
I was really amused that she actually started training him. It was great choice and it's actually working. Kinda reminds me of Toradora and Chunibyou. Mitty is great character as well. But I honestly don't like Haru, his constant hitting and not controling or even trying to control his emotions makes me really annoyed.

Now I'm quite scared what will happen in the next episode. I think it's the time to start reading manga.