Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 17:22   Link #2333
Mimi-Senpai

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But he isn't an assistant director in Silver Link at all. The person who is currently the head of Silver Link and Chief Director of this show (Shin Oonuma) used to work at Shaft, where Shinbo is still the chief director. But, as far as this show is concerned, there is no link other than "some of the staff used to work together a long time ago". I think you just got your personnel a bit mixed up. This is actually the first show in the Director's chair for Shinya Kawamo, even though Oonuma is still credited as "Chief Director" (which is more of a supervisory role).

A lot of your other comments (6 episodes per novel, animation on par with Haruhi, etc.) would depend on this show getting a massive budget, and I think that's a bit unrealistic. This genre of human drama fills a useful niche, but doesn't really have a very good history in terms of sales. I mean, sure it'd be nice if every show could get that sort of budget, but the market has to be there to support it.
You're presumably right about me mixing the director are a bit bleh in my head right now so I thank you for that correction. On the other hand, on terms of budget, it was just an idea that I believe it would of gave KC the legitimate progression. In spite of a series being popular before it has an anime , I've watch animes that their manga/light novel weren't doing any good and still got a decent conversion. I guess it depends from what studio. Also noting, KC is the first anime from them with having more than 13 eps, which this anime has 17 in total in one season.

“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
Mimi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote