View Single Post
Old 2009-06-17, 22:57   Link #311
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F0ur View Post
i wanted to make a thread for this topic but i guess i need to ask a moderator
which im not gonna..

anyways...why are they repeating the same episodes they had in first season?
so far all the episodes i've watched are repeats...maybe in different order... but most of them are the exact samething...i meant is this necessary? :x

someone please give me an explanation for this
It's very simple Brotherhood follows the original manga storyline. The first FMA anime veered off in its own direction and told its own story. However the early parts of the manga and 1st FMA series were pretty similar hence the fact that the episodes of this series appear to be the same.

Why are they bothering to show these similar episodes again? Well for one thing not everyone has seen the 1st FMA series or read the manga. Not to mention these similar episodes will be important to the later part of the manga storyline so they cannot skip them.

And yes very shortly (around episode 15 in fact) you will notice that Brotherhood will become completely different from the 1st series. But to reassure you keep in mind that at episode 11 we are at the point where the old series was already at episode 26. That is a big difference in episode count and why because Brotherhood has a completely different story to tell than the first series. You just have to be a little more patient.