View Single Post
Old 2007-11-23, 16:46   Link #10
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Pardon for double post but I need reply quick...

On this page of HPLIP driver supported device, the LaserJet P2015 shows there but under the Network column, it says "No." So here I'm wondering what that may means... Well, I'm not quite sure about any of this stuff, just asking to be on the safe side. Will I still be able to do wireless for printer if I go with the CUPS and IPP thingys?
If it says that there's no network support, it means that the printer doesn't have an ethernet port. I've never heard of a printer that had wireless support, but I'd say it's safe to assume that it doesn't have that, either.

You can still do what you want to do, but you'll need something extra. There are wireless USB hubs made for printer sharing wirelessly, which essentially turns a regular printer into a network printer. I know that Linksys sells them, and I'd imagine that some other companies do, too. I don't know how difficult it is to set them up. With that sort of a setup, you won't be configuring the printer itself, but that little wireless hub. The printer will treat the hub as if it were a regular computer.