View Single Post
Old 2008-02-01, 04:17   Link #38
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

New OP "BLAZE" is OK for me, upon repeated viewings, though "JOINT" is still better. At least we get to see Yuji kick some ass at last as a way to make up for being a helpless wimp in the last two episodes.

New ED "Sociometry" is slightly better than "triangle". Animation is defintely better and more eye-catching, with the flashy lights surrounding the characters.

- Looks like poor Ike is resigned to being the series comic relief.

- What a gift Pheles has given Yoshida. Pheles can tell how painful it must be for Yoshida to watch from the sides as Yuji and Shana grow ever closer to each other. She offers Yoshida a "way out", a form of suicide by using the Houguu and have her PoE disappear and be forgotten, since she reckoned Yoshida is more or less being "forgotten" anyway. Be assured that Yoshida will be playing an important role when the time comes.

- Bal Masque lays low for now and bides its time. Meanwhile, Hecate seems to be having some resonance with the memories she collected from Fumina. All bets are open that this original factor will lead to an original anime ending, just like the first series.

- Bel-Peol, Hecate, "Professor" Dantalion and his servant Rinne, Domino, all appear, but where's Sydonay? Already I'm beginning to miss him.

- Next episode seems to also focus on Tanaka questioning his commitment with Margery after the scare with Ogata nearly killed, and this would lead to tensions between him and Satou.

- Speaking of Satou, I still think he's criminally underdeveloped by both author Takahashi and the scenario writers. I certainly like to know how he ended up being estranged from his rich family. He's like the rich version of Tomoya from Clannad.

Next episode's title is "Sorezore no Michi" (Each to their own path), which is probably one of the most cliched episode titles I've seen in anime and manga. I think I've seen like 10 anime with an episode with such a title already.