View Single Post
Old 2011-09-12, 21:19   Link #113
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'd like to propose a "HTT Favorite Character" poll. This would be similar to a standard "Favorite Character" poll except the options to pick from would be narrowed down to the five main girls of Season 1, and you could only vote for one of them.

To get the gist of what I'm thinking of here, please refer to this thread here.

In the specific case of K-On!, what I find really interesting is how close the votes for the core cast is right here. A mere six votes separates 4 of the 5 main cast members from one another in that Favorite Character poll! In fact, Ritsu and Yui are tied.

Can there be any doubt that this is a widely beloved ensemble cast? It reminds me of Seinfeld when I was a teenager, and how the cast truly was greater than the sum of its parts.

And yet, every band has a lead singer, or a lead guitarist. Every band has someone that takes a bit of a lead role.

Who's that character in K-On, I wonder?

Given how close the vote totals are in that Favorite Character poll that I cited above, I have to admit that I'm really curious to see which HTT band member would get the most votes (or the plurality of votes) in a poll where each voter could only vote for one girl. Simply getting into this poll would be a bit of a honor, of course, has it would be limited to the main cast alone.

So, what do my fellow K-On fans think? What do the moderators of this site think?

Could we have a HTT Favorite Character poll?

Basically, a "Favorite Character" poll with only the main five girls in it, and only one vote per voter. No campaigning would be allowed.