View Single Post
Old 2011-07-06, 17:23   Link #73
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Not that it matters I guess, since they shown that we can still have some quality programs there every once in a while.
I don't disagree with you I think perhaps the block is getting a little weaker because they have to come up with two series every season as opposed to one. But if I actually look at my favorite series across the block it is pretty evenly spread between old & new series.

There were definitely weaker series in the early days too in my opinion. Although I do agree with you that there has been a bit more shows aimed at Otaku & series focusing on social commentary (as I said starting with Eden of the East).

Quote:
[C] ... is debatable. The premise certainly sounds like something that would be aimed towards the older audience of the block, but the execution (yeah lets call it that) was more ... um, not aimed at anyone really? I mean it was sort of Yu-Gi-Oh meets Wall street with Death Note and Pokemon and other stuff thrown in there for the heck of it?

I mean it was awesome, but I don't think the Mononoke crowed would like it much, since it looks liked it suffered from a lot of internal set backs.I think that they are going to be at least fun, with a good chance of also being decent storywise, at least Un-GO. Guilty Crown I think it going to be just fun to watch atm from what I seen so far.

I ended up not watching [C] except the 1st episode so I can't comment on its quality but I am just saying there is a connection with it being directed by Kenji Nakamura. He is just a director I associate with the block. Even though technically speaking Mononoke is his only series I really love (well its hard to beat the Medicine Seller).