Thread: Licensed Mayo Chiki! [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 21:16   Link #1041
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Screenshots of episode 13:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...mayo-chiki-13/

My, what a lame episode overall. Easily the worst episode of all. What a crappy way to end an otherwise very good series.

[mod edit: DO NOT use these sort of pointless retort images on this forum]

If they wanted to make a feature episode of one of the girls in the last episode, they should've better used Usami. But no, they had to use the most lame and annoying girl, Nakuru

Not only that she's an awful ganguro, she doesn't have any redeeming qualities either:
  • When she visits Jirou at home and he doesn't want to let her in (good decision, I wouldn't let her in either), she tries to force her entry in a nasty way.
  • She then proudly tells how she's stalking Subaru during bathing and whatnot, just to make a profit on the photos (reminds me of a Ferengi there).
  • She's dumb as a brick. She jumps off a very tall building just to catch a cheap pair of glasses (~8€), and if it wouldn't have been for super-skilled Subaru catching her at the last moment, she would've been a splat on the ground. Oh, and she trashed her *expensive* camera equipment (over 4500€) in the process.
  • She bribes Kureha to get entry to Jirou's room, and what catches her fancy? A "real boy's trash can". w00t.
  • She lets others do the dirty work, like stapling and glueing her Yaoi manga volumes, which has to be done overnight. Apparently she has very crappy time management as well.
  • She complains she's unpopular with boys (doesn't surprise me), and when there finally is some whacked out guy who confesses to her, she turns him down.
  • Her being a fujoshi (Yaoi fetishist) isn't her worst point, but her extreme glasses fetish is downright scary (and annoying as well).

Well, I guess you get my point. Clearly the worst choice of all the girls for a feature episode.
Her asking Jirou out on a date, even though she (thankfully) hardly had any screentime before, also was totally out of the blue. Poor Jirou probably only agreed because he was afraid that she'll do something freaky again if he declines, as she did when he wouldn't let her in. Nakuru's behaviour there certainly won't help him overcome his gynophobia, but only make it worse.

Only good scenes were Usami and Subaru dressing up as Aria and Natsuru, and the short shot of Usami in the shower (although we sadly didn't see much there).
The two appearances of Mirai, on the Fujoshi Comicket and exiting a Doujin store, were nice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for nyantype NSFW:
Now that's full of win

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-01 at 23:33.
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote