View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 11:00   Link #176
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I am by no means accusing Fate/Zero of sexism (and I'm making this reply primarily to make this clear).

I just think it would have been nice to have at least one female master. Not for any reasons of "equality" but simply for the sake of variety in and of itself. That's all. It's certainly no big deal. This anime is still likely to be one of the best of the year.

Clearly most people on this thread disagree with me on the gender point, and that's fine.
I wouldn't mind a kickass female master, either, and I think it's kinda condescending to say, oh this war is a man's affair. However, introducing female character for the sake of variety is like adding that token black guy to the movies... it's really just an illusion of diversity.

I feel like it's really difficult to write a female character in anime without falling to the trap of an established archtype. Being a tsundere took away any credibility that Rin had, or, at least I took her a lot less seriously. Saber already took the dignified female character, so we don't exactly want a repeat of her. I would actually like someone similar to Aozaki Touko from kara no kyoukai-- I think she would make an excellent master.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote