View Single Post
Old 2011-03-20, 18:25   Link #155
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Man... really looking forward to this, great news to hear about it being 2 cours.

I think people like original concept productions getting 2 cours since they can build the characters up better. With LN adaptions it's not too bad since they tend to just adapt 2-3 novels in one cour anyway so they generally have decent stopping points.
As I have high hopes for this anime, being 2-cour isn't necessarily a bad thing, but since there are so many episodes, there is a fear that they will stuff-in "pointless" episodes in there if they run out of stuff to do. Also, the tempo of the story might slow down too much.

I couldn't imagine TT getting any better if it had 12-13 more episodes. 1 cour was perfect.
Madoka is 1 cour, for example, but it doesn't need another 12+ episodes. If they had another 12, I don't think they could build up the characters that much better. Maybe a bit more, but that great tempo would go do~~~wn. Maybe another 2 or something episodes, but that is a strange number of episodes that usually doesn't happen (Mitsudomoe 2: "Eh...?").
Therefore, even with 1 cour, an original anime can do just as good as with 2 cour!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote