Thread: K-On! - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-20, 12:35   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Right now, K-On! seems to be like Hidamari Sketch, replacing art school with music club, the characters' personality levels jumbled about, and greater focus on the comedy. And yet, why is all of the MOERAGE directed a K-ON!?
Because its one of the few series at the moment available to rage at (even though the moe drive in K-On! has been been throttled back a great deal this season in favor of stories and comedy). Basically, at this point, when I encounter "moe rage" - I just blow them off as zealots and possibly idiots because what it boils down to is that not everything is the "pure one way" they want all anime (sound familiar with religious overtones?). The majority of anime being produced still covers most genre though at the moment, it appears mecha-themed shows are in the minority.

You could argue that ALL "daily life school comedy" is "just like Hidamari Sketch" (or whatever your first exposure to this motif was, for me it was Azumanga Daioh). It isn't any more entirely true than it is to say "all sitcoms are alike" or "all ww2 war movies are the same".