View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 04:35   Link #240
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
No matter how you word it, it comes across as simply not giving it enough thought. You may think it doesn't deserve it, but this isn't the thread for it and your message asked for a flame when people were having a discussion after giving it a thought. So it really comes as disrespect to intervene in such a way. There are other threads about the anime in general.
Now you're disrespecting me. I was responding to comments about Nina, in her character discussion thread. I don't see a need to use another thread for it, do you? And now, simply because I do not agree with both of your perceived assumptions about her character and made a joke (with a smiley and everything), got a nasty repartee in return and responded to it, in no rude terms, I'm the one asking for a flame?
I simply don't think the character(s) in this show deserve such scrutiny, and no amount of tail wagging is gonna change that, when all you guys can present are what the show itself showed us. Sorry.

Quote:
I'd say that Nina is the most complex character of the series, far beyond the nearest competitor, with plentiful background info and development.
You would, wouldn't you?
I didn't see any development, really. She was basically the same character at the beginning and end of the show - I would, honestly, not categorize any of the characters in the show as well-developed, but that's also a speculative and completely subjective point. And I do not want people accusing me of flame-bait again.

Quote:
I didn't say 'vanilla', I said synthetic. Which may involve incoherence, unjustifiable actions, non-sense motives or plain stupidity. Just making it different doesn't mean it's granted value.
You could apply those exact same words to every single character in this series, actually. Throwing stones when you have a glass ceiling is not really an advisable course of action, bub.

But, really, I never intended to have such a long-winded discussion. And it should be obvious that not everyone agrees with your points, taking into account the past history of this sub-forum. So, I don't think singling me out is the best idea, either.