View Single Post
Old 2008-01-04, 22:28   Link #1782
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

So you would say that Peace@Pieces has a worthwhile story? Interested in it because of the Noizi Ito art, but I don't love her quite enough to make my way through a halfheartedly-written game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
Moving now onto Liar Soft’s Sekien no Inganock.
V. interested in discussing this one... if only to find out whether or not I understood the backstory properly before it fades from memory. Seriously, though, it's gotten me thinking about delving into other Liarsoft games, although I don't know if they'll be similar. Might just start looking for something by the same scenario writer.

Almost done with Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori. Still hung up on Yuuhi, haha (I put off her route as long as I could). I would have stopped after Asahi's route if not for the damn epilogue... now I just feel like I'm wading through a swamp to get there. I guess that's kind of an unfair impression to leave, because I quite liked Aoba and Minami's routes; they didn't feel enormously special or outstanding, but I enjoyed them. Asahi's end was--well, not quite to my tastes, I guess.

I just feel like they could have done more with the premise (not necessarily in the Infinite Ryvius sense, either) and still made the game shorter. The CGs are stunning. The music is kind of crap, which is unfortunate; I get the sense that this is a game that needed a lot more atmosphere, but it never really evoked that for me except in some isolated scenes. The protagonist has a sort of black hole feeling to him.

I don't think it's a terrible game by any means, but I was expecting quite a bit more, with the positive stuff that's been said about the scenario writer. All of the good things about it--good themes, good characters, good art--seem to slip by each other without ever 100% synchronizing.

Guess I'll see how the after story is. Just gotta finish Yuuhi first...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote