View Single Post
Old 2008-01-13, 17:31   Link #2
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
I guess there's a whole month to wait now....
A whole month to spread the news. Since this is the first year that we are doing this, I am interested in how this plays out as well. I hope to get a turnout of 500 voters at least, and if it does reach 3000, hello success! That being said, here were my nominations before I released the nomination forms:

5 - Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon) - I was looking at some previous statistics from Saimoe and Korea Best Moe 2007 as research for character profiles, and if there were any contestants with the potential to make some success, it has to be Ayu, hands down. She alone has garnered a lot of attention outside of Kanon, being referred to by many references. She had the potential to reach at least the top 16, which was the initial qualifier for this tournament, and was shot down by Eruruu by only 46 votes in Saimoe's second round. A bad drawing in Korea also kept her out of it, as she was beaten by the one and only Suiseiseki by only 84 votes. Ayu is the only girl not in this tournament that has lost to Suiseiseki by less than 200 votes. Therefore, she NEEDS to get in this.

4 - Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) - Sorry, I got hit by a trance spell. She's just so moe...

3 - Saber (Fate/Stay Night) - Being that this is an international league, I do kind of feel guilty for leaving China's Saimoe out of this. However, due to lack of international participation, I could not include China's Saimoe to qualify here. Because Saber finished in the top 4, I thought I might as well give her some recognition.

2 - Runa Edomae (Seto no Hanayome) - She's not well known to me personally, since I really never see her in action given I have never watched this series, but she did beat eventual Korea champion Hinagiku Katsura by only 29, and also competed intensely with '05 Japan Champ Nanoha Takamichi before losing by 44. That's enough potential to get her into this league.

1 - Sakura Kinamoto (Cardcaptor Sakura) - '02 champ. Started off Saimoe history. I think she needs to get in as well.