View Single Post
Old 2013-09-21, 19:24   Link #9302
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, on a completely unrelated note, what the fuck do you keep doing to your posts, monster? There is no goddamn formatting whenever I quote them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I didn't say it can. I said achieving escape velocity is irrelevant.
Achieving escape velocity is the key fucking point in escaping the planet's gravitational pull, monster!

Quote:
How can you even interpret the scene like that? We have Kira deciding not to follow and then moving away and slowing down. Of course the shuttle would leave it behind, because Kira slowed down.
Except Kira didn't slow down. All we saw was it move aside. There was no visual change to it slowing down, no actively decreased thrust. We did not see the Freedom slow down, we only saw the shuttle speed up.

Quote:
And as I said, the reason was Lacus didn't want Kira to leave the Archangel. Heck, she's even in more danger now that ZAFT knows Lacus was the one in the shuttle, and yet the reason why Lacus reject Kira's offer is because she didn't want him to leave the Archangel behind. That is the explicitly stated reason, not because Kira couldn't take her. He was staying ahead of the shuttle, then he relents to Lacus's wish, then he moved away and stayed behind.
And what exactly is stopping them from telling the Archangel to keep clear of danger and stay under the radar until the Freedom returns? That's part of the inconsistency you keep ignoring, monster. Having the Archangel wait while the Freedom takes Lacus off the planet and come back is infinitely safer than stealing a fucking shuttle that almost gets blown to pieces.

Kira could've still argue with Lacus to let him stay with her once up in space, and still have Lacus tell him to return to the Archangel to keep it safe. Like I said--in the canon, Kira's actions are irrational, fueled by his emotions.

They had to take the shuttle because they had no other fucking choice, because the Freedom can't achieve escape velocity on its goddamn own!

Quote:
That is the order of event. The shuttle didn't leave him behind while Kira still wants to follow Lacus. The shuttle left him behind after he gives up on following Lacus and moves away.
No, that only proves that the shuttle sped up and that the Freedom moved to the side.

If the Freedom wanted to go to space on its own, it'd need nuclear thrusters rather than conventional rockets. The Freedom does not have nuclear thrusters, because if it did, Lacus and Meer and so many goddamn other people would be dead right now.