View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 01:51   Link #4302
vendredi

It's certainly an oddity - the only loophole I can think is how in the TIP about Mariage Sorciere there is a definite distinction between Beato's magic and Maria's magic, and the magic they create together by creating the alliance. Perhaps "my own magic" could include the magic of Mariage Sorciere, and Ange is in a sense re-entering this compact.

Or, as Sakutarou himself points out to Ange when she first summons him herself, the only reason he "died" to Maria was because Maria stopped believing in him. Ange comes in, makes Maria realize that Sakutarou is still alive and revivable, and through Maria's magic - the magic of Mariage Sorciere - which is also Beato's magic, by extension - she revives Sakutarou.

Secondly, note that Beato's statement about the impossibility of reviving Sakutarou is quite muddled - the "With my" is not in red, but the rest is. Without that, we get the statement that:

magic, Sakutarou could not be revived.

Note this statement is in the PAST TENSE. Sakutarou could not be revived before, but this red truth does not deny the revival of Sakutarou in the NOW. The remaining statements, that Sakutarou is unique and that Rosa made him, do not by themselves prevent his resurrection.

It's slicing it quite thin though. And that's only if you want to defend the consistency of the fantasy elements in the first place... perhaps this isn't even important for the anti-fantasy position.

Since the red truth seems to lend itself to a certain imprecision regarding names, this scenario is possible. Still though, it seems like the red truth is always dangerously sitting on the semantic cliff, and at any moment we might fall into a war over words and definitions.
The other loophole in the red truth that we are consistently witness to is a lack of specification regarding past, present, and future - this is probably the important key in handling these statements.
vendredi is offline   Reply With Quote