View Single Post
Old 2011-02-04, 03:00   Link #1005
jwai

Continuing on with characters and classes to go with, I've figured out the following:

Aliasse: Currently going with Heavy Scout, since she's somewhat sturdy, and has a fair few potentials that buff damage.
Nichol: Sniper Elite. He's good with sniping, and his potentials aren't really suited for running around.
Chloe and Lotte: Scout Elite and double movement is pretty cool, although Lotte is probably better because she doesn't lose her action occasionally, and has Anti-Intercept. Haven't figured out if Chloe's Total Defense offers a similar level of protection.

I haven't figured out which classes I should use for the other characters, because most are neither here nor there in terms of whether there's an obvious choice.

Shocktrooper characters: Mostly Commando all the way, although some missions are a lot easier with Gunners of some sort to stop repeated Scout rushing.

Reiner, Noel, and Coleen: Easy choices for Lancer Elite.
Rene, Jugin, Vario: Easy choices for Mortarers.

Engineer characters: Don't generally use them much to care which way they go, but Medic is an obvious choice most of the time.

Armored Tech characters: Fencers or Maulers. See very little point using anything else other than to get their potentials, although one of the DLC missions gives you a wrench that makes a Tech a decent Fencer substitute.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote