View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 10:51   Link #46
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Blu-Ray is still a faze in Japan far more than anywhere else.
What exactly do you mean by the word "faze." ?

Quote:
DVD version may be inferior in picture quality, but you can still afford and get the show at least.
Just torrent a quality BD rip and watch that. Buy the DVD to support the creator. No need to settle for anything less than the best. The internet is the closest we have come to a post scarcity economy, take advantage of that.

Quote:
That article orion linked raised an interesting point in the comments section. BD systems not allowing backward compatability? Then what the hell are people meant to do with their pre-existing DVD collections?
Put them on a shelf, wait a couple decades, sell for massive profit. If you want to watch a series, Netflix it, if it isn't on Netflix, tpb never fails.

Quote:
They're simply a step up the ladder in aesthetic quality. You really need to give people more than that to expect people to get on board in droves.
If you have an HD TV, the step up in quality between SD and 1080p is really noticeable. If I still watched the discs I buy, I would say BRD is definitely worth the increase in quality.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote