Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2020-01-14, 15:28   Link #25713
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I don't think Omote was always there inside Moka. She came from the rosary Akasha gave Moka. The coldness we saw in Ura at the start of the series was probably, like you said, from her experiences from before Akasha sealed her with the rosary and then spending her time inside the rosary from then until the point where Tsukune first removed the rosary. Omote merged with Ura near the end of the series, but before that she was a completely separate personality that was born from the rosary.

It's even stated that Akasha modeled Omote after herself. Basically Omote was originally just a copy of Akasha.
True, but it is also stated that Omote, despite being a clone, was different than Akasha. She grew into an entirely different person, even though she had started with traits inherited by Akasha.

Ura always took after her mother to begin with: “Know Your Place” is a good example of this. While I agree that it’s awkward that Omote wasn’t “always” a part of Ura, I believe that by the time the story started and Tsukune arrived to Youkai academy, Omote was already a part of who Ura was, identity-wise. By then, Ura had come to understand and see Omote being a part of herself, and refers to her as such.

Not once does Ura treat Omote like a clone or fake. She treats her as forever-linked part of her.