View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 05:27   Link #55
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Like others have already stated, I strongly recommend making sure you get a PSP model that can be hacked. Piracy is only a small part of what CFW ( Custom firmware ) PSP's can do. Anyone who tells you that the only reason to use CFW is piracy has either never used CFW before or only got a small taste of it.

I'll break it down for you in a simpler way that others have not done yet on this thread.

To summarize what I am saying, a non CFW PSP is just a handheld gaming device from sony with some spicy extras. A CFW PSP is basically portable linux.
Well, the OP has bought the 3000 model which I believe as of now is still hack-proof. But from his posts he mainly wants to use it as a gaming/media device. Which is quite well and good just unhacked.

Although I agree that you need CFW to unlock the system to its true potential. Really most gamers don't really care about all that. Hence the reason why DS pwns PSP in the sales department despite being an inferior console. And why most of my friends own unhacked PSP/DS, not even knowing you can play games off the memory card. CFW make up only a small percentage of owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
You are right that I've never used CFW before and the list you;ve putted up is certainly very tempting.But you can't ignored the fact that basic reason why majority of the ignorant unwashed masses turn towards CFW is for them to get free games.
Is there data to support this? Or are you just making stuff up?
meh is offline   Reply With Quote