View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 19:33   Link #63
User65554
Disabled By Request

I was watching the news tonight on the BBC (in Britain), and the top news story was, of course, the New Hampshire Primary. The only 2 contestants mentioned, like pretty much every time the elections in America were mentioned, were Clinton and Obama. I understand that this isn't America, and we're not the people who're voting for these people, but the fact that I had a conversation with a friend of mine in America that went something like this isn't that good;
Me: The Democrats seem to be quite far into the selection of their candidate, shouldn't the Republicans start?
Him: ...? They already have.
Me: Well, if they want people to vote for them, they should tell someone that...
I can only remember one mention of a Republican candidate in the news, and that was when he came over to Britain, criticized our heathcare, and then left (or at least that's all the papers said about him, and for the next 2 weeks their write-in coloumns were filled with various more complicated and angrier ways of saying 'At least ours it free')
Or is the press in America much the same (in terms of election coverage, not angry people writing in on something that didn't really matter that much)?

I realise that Clinton and Obama may seem like the more 'exciting' candidates, but there's also other candidates from the same party, let alone a whole other party (I can only remember a fleeting reference to John Edwards in Iowa)...
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote