View Single Post
Old 2010-04-27, 12:09   Link #579
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I don't have much knowledge about vocal training beside the little I have picked up from musical theory when studying piano, so I'm not aware of the exact level of difficulty to constantly sing one octave off or more from your natural range. (well, I'm aware that some people have a range that spans as much as 5 octaves, so maybe it's just natural talent?) Can you comment on that?
Well her rhythm goes like this from the start when she sings :

123 45 123 45 1 - 2 - 3 45 - 1

Each of the joined numbers represent a group (of notes, mainly tied-quavers, semiquavers and crotchets), and each of the dashes represented her breathing. Not that difficult isn't it?

Besides she sings fast, so it wouldn't be difficult for her to hit a high pitch (the faster you talk, the more likely you are going to have a squeaky voice doesn't it?.). Besides, females have shorter vocal cords than men, so it makes them easier to "squeak".

To find out yourself, slowly sing from the middle C from the piano up. I can hit two octaves higher than most guys after 3-4 months of pushing myself. And remember, you don't sing with your throat, you push air out of your stomach and compress them with your diaphragm, so you can hit higher pitches when the air goes to your throat.

Regarding sustaining that pitch......well......keep training. And run and swim more.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote