View Single Post
Old 2010-12-15, 23:27   Link #84
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Although similar in appearance, the SVD and Kalashnikov are completely different machines inside.
I was referring to the appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I certainly am looking at the XM25 with quite a bit of interest. Assuming it works as advertised, it'd provide substantially different kind of tactical options for infantry in the field. I'm suddenlly imagining that taking cover in trenches is going to prove to be allot less effective for the Taliban. I'm not gonna put money on it, but it somehow doesn't seem unreasonable that smart munitions like this are going to start becoming standard infantry weapons in the future.

Making the XM25 purely a grenade launcher seems a much more realistic goal than what the army had previously with the OICW. They tried to stick a rifle and a smart grenade launcher together, and ended up with a rifle with a barrel to short to be effective, and a grenade to small to work as efficient ordinance. And to top it all off, it exceeded the weight requirements.

Very nice, though I think they need to downsize it.
The weapon looks cumbersome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
GundamFan0083, another big "Thank You!" for the fabulous pictures of the Schofield revolver as well as the old Colt Navy and Remington! I remember in the movie 'Pale Rider' when Clint Eastwood swapped the cylinders on his Remington durring the showdown with the crooked Sheriff! I was like "WHAT"! I might have to fondle one the next time I see one.
That XM25 is certainly menacing looking, what sort of ammunition does it use?
I heard that the AN-95 was to expensive for general issue to Russian troops. Which is why most stayed with AK-74s.
I vastly prefer revolvers, to qoute Obi-Wan Kenobi:"Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, an elegant weapon for a more civilized time."
You are most welcome.
The old Dragoon pistol is one of my favorite colts.

Primarily because it was the weapon that Leiji Matsumoto used to model his Cosmo-Dragoon pistol off of for Space Pirate Captain Harlock: