View Single Post
Old 2013-04-20, 21:25   Link #28
Vsin
Aldracity

Saori's older sister...confuses me. Namely, those sideways glances she was giving Saori during the "those were happy times" segment. The main issue is that the emotion conveyed by that was really confusing, since on one hand the earlier part suggests that she was trying to be the helpful onee-san, and on the other she's halfway goading Saori in...whatever that European country was. And while she claims to be the leader, she kinda came across as the person who doesn't even interact with her own circle.

I realize how awkward of an impression that seems to be, but that's the whole vibe I got. I was especially confused by the bit where she got cut off by Saori explaining how to make tea, because I'm not sure whether that was supposed to imply a separation from Saori, some form of jealousy, or pride for finally prying the imoto out of her shell.

All in all, the wildly conflicting images and words just confuse the heck out of me. Maybe it'll be less muddled when and if Saori's older sister gets another segment. Or maybe it was a case of "lost in adaptation".