View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 03:37   Link #23
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

The only thing that the anime helps in learning Japanese is in which situation you use certain words or how often do you use those words provided that you have the basic knowledge of grammar since Japanese language have two different words with same meanings. Also anime can help with familiarising yourself with the language, maybe a bit. What I noticed is that whereas in anime, the characters speak much slower than how the natural speakers are supposed to speak. And I just realised that I pretty much repeated larenthian said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
As for kanjis. I find that it's fine even if you don't memorize them. It's better to "recognize"/ "familiarize" kanjis, because believe it or not, sometimes you can know what a Japanese sentence means without actually knowing how to read it.
I think that's fine for people learning Japanese for hobby or non-educational purpose but if you are thinking of living there or being more involved in Japanese culture, it's more than necessary to learn those Kanji. Just by recognising the Kanji, it's mostly impossible to read a Manga without furigana. You need to memorise a few kanji to recognise the pattern.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote