Thread: Licensed Berserk Film Trilogy
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 10:55   Link #270
solomon

So what do you think Mican? would you reccomend the films for noobs like me?

I seem to liken it to the LOTR films or better yet, the Watchmen. I'm sure some stuff was excised and switched around, yet they are all around enjoyable films.

I think that the Egg of the King could stand to have been longer though. So you can get a better feel for Guts' gradual growth into the Band of the Hawk.

As it stands the characters are interesting on their own, there is probably a LOT of machinations both external and internal that they left out due to time, but the characters feel real and human all the same to me.

The key thing that they seem to be going for is the scope as far as showing the war between Midland and Tudor and how the characters fit among it (or in Griffiths terms manipulate it). The story boiled down to it's very essence maybe? I took a peek at some parts they covered in the manga and while it seems richer in depth, it doesn't seem like the movies are shallow by any means either.

I greatly look forward to the gang dealing with..............whatever that crazy shit is in "Decent".

Last edited by solomon; 2012-12-15 at 11:08.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote