View Single Post
Old 2009-05-17, 02:42   Link #72
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
To follow-up on what WanderingKnight said above, here NEET is being used pretty much to refer to a class of people (a social/economic group) rather than just a noun. In general it is a derogatory word, though the "Eden of the East" group take a certain amount of pride in it. They're not terribly enthused about becoming an ordinary white-collar worker - looking at all the eps so far, it feels like collage/university graduates are being taken for granted, taken advantage of or basically being looked down upon.

A start-up enterprise is a very interesting way to use money. Potentially, it could make Akira (and the rest) truly rich (without the phone), for example. I wonder just how far this will be developed in the story? Unfortunately, we're progressing just one day at a time in this series, so they might not even get started - unless they do a time-skip I'm not quite sure how this imagine recognition software could start to have an impact at a national level in just a few days. But, you never know, considering what Juiz is capable of.
For people who aren't in the working world yet, it's no secret really that working for other people kinda stinks, especially if you don't really enjoy it. That's why I'm all for Hirasawa and company working to get an interesting and useful app to market and I just wish there were more episodes devoted to getting a startup off its feet because nothing beats doing what you love and making money off of it.