View Single Post
Old 2011-07-29, 10:43   Link #1206
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Despite this novel setting up Nadeko as some sort of super villain I can't help but feel it'll just end up as nothing. In Hana Araragi said he had cut three girl's hair. The first was Hanekawaw and the third was Kanbaru, could the second be Nadeko? It's possible that Nadeko would end up losing her powers, and afterward ask Araragi to cut her out grown hair. However, this is NOT what I want to happen since I want Nadeko to stay as a goddess.

Despite this series having demons, ghosts and devils this book was the first time I believe that I felt it was a horror story. Not horror in the classical way but horror in how it explores the nature of human beings. The way Nadeko's class acted and the way Nadeko acted was scary in a whole other sense. Speaking of the way how Nadeko acted, it showed that she is the complete polar opposite of Hanekawa. Hanekawa is kind and perfect and it is exactly this warmth that makes other people see their own ugliness. Nadeko on the other hand is full of flaws and cold. These two would be great together since Nadeko can't see her own inner ugliness.

Also, something I want to mention is the fact that Senjougahara seems to like to talk big but have nothing to back it up. She keeps saying she's become a murderer if Araragi dies but can she really do anything? She could probably kill Kanbaru when the devil left her and she could probably kill Hanekawa when she's not Black Hanekawa but Goddess Nadeko? I don't think so. Nadeko's isn't in a situation where she'll ever revert back into a human. Then again its possible Senjougahara would eat her own pride and even seek out Kaiki if its for revenge.
I always thought she'd have Kiss Shot turn her or she'd just stab them to death with her school supplies. Or get that Crab God to kill them.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote