View Single Post
Old 2012-10-29, 08:56   Link #121
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
In france you'll automatically be fined if an automatic radar says you're speeding,radar takes a picture,special software recognizes the number plate (then humans check to make sure it's right) and a fine is automatically sent by mail to the person that owns the car with that number plate.You can contest but it's very much a "guilty until proven innocent" system.
well i don't see any point of contention sir, we are talking about the speed radar, you yourself said "radar takes a picture "(which i take you meant it did the speed reading ) ,"special software" recognizes the number plate ( take note this is no longer the speed meter but the computer), "a fine is automatically sent by mail" (which i would presume would be computers handling the email sending, again this is no longer the speed radar/meter), all this as you yourself stated are checked by humans, which would be the checks and balances i'm talking about. now if your talking about your whole system there then yes it's closer to the SIBYL system. but not yet there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
True, but in the end it isn't the Sibyl that force people to use it, it is people trust on it...
Thus it merely a tool...
I just disagree with the statement that it is all Sibyl fault...
well i don't know why you keep going back to that statement. I don't think anyone here ever stated, implied nor insisted that IT IS ALL SIBYL's fault. But you have to agree there is something flawed about the system especially in its implementation.

But i disagree that it isn't SIBYL that force people to use it.It's first implementation...maybe, but systems like this are self perpetuating. SIBYL is already the Law and CULTURE of their society how could normal everyday person not use it? It's very presence is forced on the individual from when they are very young. maybe even from babyhood ( although age 5 is the only definite age we've gotten so far). This is not just any gauge, speedometer, hammer or any regular tool for that matter. It's very presence forces predisposes people to trust it, why not it's what they grew up to. and well it does some good too. i suppose.

well further info is needed for more in depth analysis of SIBYL,we just don't know enough about it at this point. ( and wow we were using a wrong spelling all this time? ahehe)