View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 01:53   Link #182
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, that's the leader of a country comparing his country favorably to other countries. Shocking, I know.
True, yes. But, under the context of the situation (Touma talking to Makishima), I'd still say he's being truthful (for most part) in this instance because Makishima would be the kind of guy to called him out if he was lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
What I described as cyberpunk story B is a standard story because it's good and it's effective. Sure the story can devolve into being all about Makishima, but that make for a poorer tale.
I won't speak on behalf of others, but there are some hints that Akane may possibly become the motherbrain of Sibyl, providing more leniency in its readings. Reason I say this is because:
Spoiler for reason on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I do find it funny that after All this evidence debunking sibil and people still defend it?
It's fun, that's why.

Quote:
Gen has basically been whacking people over the head with it since episode one when sibil was about to KILL that woman after she JUST GOT RAPED. Those people who can condone stuff like that. . .wow. . .just wow.

Its like if these people's significant others were raped then given an immediate death penalty by the judge because they are too traumatised. . .and not just any old death, but a death WHERE THEIR GUTS ARE SPLATTERED AND BODIES ARE BLOWN UP, they would be like "sure, that's fine as long as sibil(the Judge Jury and Prosecutor) keeps the peace"
Yeah, wow. I ask you, and anyone else who agrees with you, to watch episode 1 again or read the quick summary below:
Dominator set to paralyzer mode.
Akane intervenes causing the victim to panic.
Victim pours petrol over herself.
Dominator set to kill mode.
Akane intervenes and calms the victim down.
Gino paralyzes victim.
Victim recovers.

But watch as I cut out Akane out of episode 1:
Dominator set to paralyzer mode.
Masaoka paralyzes victim.
Victim recovers.

Quote:
Don't even know why people are still arguing for this unless they just want to argue for the sake of arguing.
It's also to correct others who have mistaken some info and argue some nonsensible points (and yes, applies to both sides and yes, I have been corrected a few times myself).