View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 21:36   Link #313
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
But the story hasn't really specified yet.

What I mean is that just because we have seen him use a sword doesn't mean he is a swordsman for sure. He may have other weapons at his disposal that we know nothing about.
They don't exist until the story hollers back.

Quote:
There are many characters which use swords but are not classified as swordsmen. For example, we have seen both Aokiji and Kizaru use (elemental) swords, and yet I'm sure most won't call them swordsmen. Supernovae Law and Drake both used swords as well as Rayleigh and I don't think they are swordsmen yet.

I just think we don't have enough information on this matter to form a sound conclusion yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold
I never said just because Shanks posses a sword, that makes him a swordsman, I'm saying he is a swordsman for the simple fact that he rivaled the strongest swordsman in the world many times in the past along with duels (Which is formal combat) with him. Shanks went at the strongest man in the world with a sword and equaled his strike, he even learned how to use his sword with his other arm after his sword arm was bitten off by a sea king (IIRC). He has world top skills with a sword, you just don't do these things by having a sword at your side (its Common sense really).
Like I said he's a swordsmen until the story says otherwise.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-12 at 21:45. Reason: That's how I roll.