View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 10:56   Link #55
Ridwan

I sure didn't expect this outcome...

I've been wanting to bump this thread since forever but I just lacked the excuse to. Currently I'm struggling to get the reading materials I need to make an Indonesia-centered Timeline where Majapahit avoids Paregreg War which would ultimately lead to an Indonesia more formidable to withstand European colonialism. I'm not sure if this scenario will lead to a Meiji Majapahit or anything but Java does shares a few similarities with Japan that will may come to its advantage, primarily abundance of arable soil and the large population that comes with it. It's far less isolated geographically but at least no where near as close to Europe as Ottoman Empire was(which was also much more stretched, arid, and sparsely populated). OTOH, until the very end IOTL it didn't managed to develop urbanization anywhere near Japanese level, not even today. Still getting it a Latin America level of treatment from Europeans will still mean a large improvement from OTL. One more thing to consider is a stronger local hegemon in place by the time Europeans start coming will change how the whole colonialism game will develop from where it barely starts so lots of butterflies incoming. End of spoiler

Last edited by Ridwan; 2012-08-20 at 12:22.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote