View Single Post
Old 2011-01-15, 07:25   Link #257
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
It brings a smile to my face whenever someone discovers good old SDFM for the very first time.

I'd just like to weigh in the discussion on watching Macross Plus before watching Frontier. Certain plot developments are somewhat related to Plus, thematically at least.

Alternatively, if you want to increase the WTF factor in Frontier, then yes, you don't have to watch Plus beforehand. Later on, when watching Plus, you may realize that, ah it was first done in Plus, somewhat.
True. Again, I jumped to the (erroneous) conclusion that Tempester was planning on going directly from SDFM to Frontier, which I think is a mistake.

Personally, I think Frontier is best watched after you've already seen EVERYTHING Macross...preferably multiple times...but if you're in a hurry, there are definitely parts of the Macross story that can be skipped over (provided one returns to them later, of course).

And hey...I suppose this is as good a place as any to announce that for 2011, I'm embarking on my most ambitious translation project yet: that's right, I'm taking on MACROSS PERFECT MEMORY. The whole damn book.

I'm assuming it will take all of this year, if not longer, to complete...so don't expect it soon. But I'm doing it.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote