View Single Post
Old 2010-08-23, 11:35   Link #1064
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, I got one back tonight. Try this for a match with a lot of twists.

- First two hands - 1 away from Rising Sun (trust me, I get dealt so many 7-8 tile hands that only suit it and nothing else, it drives me nuts since Tenhou players are rather cluey to who's doing Rising Sun), guy rons me for dora + uradora combined for 9. I'm left on 9k and fuming.
- Next two hands I take 20k out of the 3rd guy with toi-toi and am at least saving myself from utter humiliation.
- 3rd guy then pulls Rising Sun on the guy in front on East 4. Those two are too close to spli, so it goes to South round.
- 3rd guy wins South 1 and first South 2 as East, out to 70k and well ahead of me. Guy originally in front is now down to 8k. I've had another two Rising Suns one tile away beaten by him. (My deals were just weird...) This guy then calls redeal when he has 11 tiles for Rising Sun....I can't tell if he made a mistake or if he was confident of winning regardless. He had a 6 dan ranking so he must be decent.
- I win the next South 2 with toi-toi and force it to South 3. I then roll off 3 wins as East on South 3 with honnitsu spam. Game suddenly ends. I zipped past the guy in front right at the end to win by 4k. Warn, fuzzy feeling overwhelms me.

I've never seen a match have that many turns in such little time. Can't help but feel some masochistic puppeteer was behind it all.