View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 21:42   Link #10
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Important point before something more on topic. Shounen is a demographic. We've had shounen romances and slices of lifes and other not really "shounen" shounen shows just about forever.

And to continue on that topic for a bit.
Quote:
Actually - y'know what? Let a shounen story evolve into a K-ON style slice-of-life comedy. XD
Lucky Star? It even got itself animated by KyoAni as well!

Okay then, more actually on topic
Quote:
although it also safe to say that most of its readers are females.
We have numbers? I see your reasoning, but before putting that out as fact, numbers would always be nice.

Jump's lineup still seems fairly stereotypical shounen still. All examples of "shounen" shounen so far have come from Jump (Naruto, Bleach, Medaka Box).

GFantasy (the magazine for Kuroshitsuji) doesn't really have much of "shounen" shounen, it seems like it never had. Guys that like "shounen" shounen never really were the target of the magazine.

Thus, I don't think this is evidence of the evolution of shounen into "shounen." Is there any example of a "shounen" shounen magazine turning into a not-"shounen" shounen magazine recently, or a "shounen" shounen magazine which has started introducing less "shounen" shounen manga to its lineup recently? I think those would be better examples than pointing out that Kuroshitsuji feels like its pandering to fujoshi.