View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 08:59   Link #1093
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Broadly speaking, just characters. I'm not on-board the shipper's deck for any ships yet. While Miyuki's moments with Tatsuya where they act like shameless lovers are fun, it's not exactly at the level where I would want to ship them.

And it's not like I dislike Miyuki or anything, pretty much most of the characters in Rettousei thus far is pretty likable with their own character traits, even if there's only just that at this point of time. ( since only the Shibalings have the time dedicated towards setting up the backstory drama at this point )...

Well, with the exception of everytime 'Hurr Bloom/Weed' gets brought up in some regard or respect.

It's not like I meant to spark anything in particular with that question, it just piqued my curiosity mainly because of the... somewhat... suffocating amounts of Miyuki love thrown around these parts.

*runs*
Wahaha~

Look who's stirring up this here coffee-cup storm. And calling them Shibalings indicates too much Starcraft for you. They'd be screaming for nerfs on the Zerg all over the known galaxy if that ever became a viable option for Hyper-Evolution.

Agreed with what you've been implying (or blatantly saying, depending which way you'd look at it) though, we still need more time for the dynamic between the characters we've come to be attached to in following this series to evolve and reach a new normal as the story develops.

Tatsuya's emotional development (hopefully it progresses beyond the 'hm-this-is-odd, or-is-it-interesting' level we're at now) would go a long way in changing this. I think someone mentioned some time back that the romantic subplot would serve as a yardstick for his development. It works backwards as well: his development would cause the subplot, no, much of the main plot too, to change, with Tatsuya seeing through different eyes, and in turn others seeing him differently as well, along with the whole damn Soul Train of new, alternative courses of action that can follow from there. In fact in the former case I quite suspect it's the only way we're going to see any meaningful development beyond the one-sided introspection of our hapless girls, and from there what we glean in the ever-so-slightly faulty dark rooms we call 'the reader's mind'.

Much rethinking will be in order to suit the gradually defrosting iceman: this Tatsuya will feel and handle very differently, I hope, please O author...and maybe some increased aggression to start titillating the readers? Ah, sweet unpredictability. Add that to a hopefully increased focus on the bigger picture from now on and hence much trickier situations for our merry band to get sucked into, and I suppose with that and then some the series will reach another level. To that end personally I'll wait and see.

In any case, I have been for a time now and still am partial to the Kaichou End, not least because I'm allergic to too much sugar-sweetness - there's too little dark in that particular corner of the (okay, fine, it's still developing) plot, and I'm waiting on the author to give me a good dose of it once we start getting to the nitty-gritty of Tatsuya's plan, and partially because up till now Saegusa's been entertaining me with her way of dancing around the whole issue. I'm curious as to where it will all go...and frankly will be sorely disappointed if she never gets the reveal about those double-entendres Tatsuya seems so wont to toss at her unawares *once he becomes aware that he's been throwing them around*. At the very least.

Nonetheless I'm okay with the author going whichever route he feels best so long as there's a good sense of closure to the whole subplot since by now there's too much material for it to not be closed without riotous protest, and yet too little for us to draw up any real battle-lines.

And it seems the same things still choke the Old Guards. Were we always like that, or did we have to work on it, I wonder? Wahaha~